MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SERVICES
MIS collects data from the Hospital and from LAMB Community activities, and through analysis provides information to the Hospital and Community Departments to enable better monitoring of programs, better understanding of findings, and to provide information for strategic development.
MIS has staff with expertise in data preparation, entry and reporting.
The following illustrates recent outcomes of the MIS team:
a) Reporting health status of >6000 deliveries per year across the Project, including
- Antenatal: Birth preparedness, vaccination, nutrition
- Delivery: Skilled birth attendance mortality rates, referral link
- Postnatal: Care received
- Maternal and perinatal mortality rates
b) Working with departments
- to report indicators giving evidence of changing health status.
- designing data collection sheets to improve data quality and completeness
c) Designing new data collection tools
- for household survey and maternal neonatal registers including socio-economic status
- Working with Poor Fund assistants to improve documentation of patient status hospital assessments for data entry
a) Provided data for policy influence work including presentations that LAMB is invited to give at forums with the Government and with other NGOs.
b) Provided data for the hospital accreditation process leading to LAMB being recognized as a post-graduate training institute for doctors by the Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons.
c) Undertook the data collection and analysis for an evaluation of the pilot Perinatal Death Audit process in 17 Government facilities.
Produced the data for the feedback that LAMB provides to community leaders, staff and health care providers on the current state of health in their communities
- Transcribed and translated CHDP KAP (Knowledge, Attitude, Practice) surveys related to accessible health and social systems.
- Worked with CHDP and LH to improve the referral system documentation for feedback, eg in identifying barriers to health-seeking behaviour which limits accessibility
- Carried out action research to help communities address the problems associated with induced abortions and how they can address them.
a) Worked with linguistic specialist to start to report information about the primary language spoken by patients at LH.
b) Improving data collection about religious affiliation of LH patients.