Outpatient Department (OPD)
LAMB Hospital Outpatients Departments are open 6 days a week, Saturday day to Thursday. Hours are 09.00 hrs until 16.00 hrs.
(Emergencies are not turned away at other times. Inpatient staff are ready to deal with after hours arrivals 24 hours per day.)
All patients coming into the main OPD initially go through a triage prioritization system.
The key areas of the OPD are :
- Emergency service
- General Medical Clinic
- General Surgical Clinic
- Antenatal Clinic
- Vision Centre (Eye Clinic)
- TB Clinic
- Children’s Clinic
- Immunization (for below 2 years old babies)
- Family planning services
A Pharmacy having essential drugs provides support to the Outpatient department.
There are some specialist clinics, run by consultants:
- Medicine (weekly)
- Gynaecology (weekly)
- Children (twice weekly)
- Surgery (daily)
OPD is staffed by a combination of
- 17 LAMB or Government trained Medical Assistants (Paramedics), who carry out screening, and handle more straightforward cases
- Nurse Midwives, who see patients in the Antenatal Clinic
- Doctors, who see referred patients and supervise activities of outpatient departments