LAMB AT A GLANCE
LAMB is located in Northwest Bangladesh. The main hospital site is located 2 kilometres west of the town of Parbatipur, about 24 kilometres east of the district city of Dinajpur.
At the main site, the key facilities are the
- 150 bed general hospital, with additional facilities for outpatients and other needs
- A residential training centre with 10 classrooms, with facilities for 90 trainees
- Offices for hospitall, centrally based community staff, and support staff
- Residential accommodation for more than 150 members of staff and their families; a Guest House for short term workers and visitors
- English-medium school teaching for staff and local children
The key services are
- Clinical services provided at the hospital and outpatient clinics, including
- Maternity and gynaecology
- General surgery (mainly abdominal), cleft lip/ palate, emergency
- Pediatrics including disabled children rehabilitation
- Community activities including health promotion, disaster preparedness, development
- Health data from community and hospital collated and reported
- Research into health, nutrition, social determinants of health
LAMB has in total 1000 staff, of whom 400 are permanent staff, and 600 are contract staff working on funded community and research projects.
Of the staff, 21% are Christian, 55% Muslim and 24% Hindu.
LAMB budget is currently US$ 2.5 million per year, Taka 20 crore.
21% came from patients for fees and medicines. 53% was for work done for institutional donors. 20% was from private donations, of which half went to the Poor Fund.
Of patients, two-thirds receive a subsidy from the Poor Fund for their bill. About 20% pay nothing at all.