WHY WORK HERE
Common reasons why people come to work at LAMB and benefit from the experience are:
- For cross-cultural service to an underserved population in a resource-limited setting LAMB people really care about the poor, and are doing something about it.
- There are some high quality, highly professional staff here, and it is a pleasure to work, and to learn in such an environment
- LAMB provides a diversity of health care – from village households to clinics to tertiary hospital care.
- LAMB is a Christian organization, and this defines our values, yet we work with staff and patients of mixed religions, and in partnership with other secular NGOs
- The rural location of LAMB set amongst rice fields is very attractive
- LAMB has safe drinking water, direct from the tap, and effectively continuous electricity (back-up generator)
- People are given real responsibility – within their capability, but stretched
- LAMB gives excellent, high-volume, hands-on practical experience
- Mentors can help process and reflect on the experience as a way to consider potential future work in similar settings (or we hope, possibly LAMB!)
- LAMB and its staff are always wanting and needing to learn more, and so experienced support is very much welcomed
- LAMB is very flexible, matching roles with personal capabilities and preferences (as much as possible)
- LAMB school always needs Christians willing and able to teach
- LAMB is always being ‘refreshed and updated’ by the flow of experienced people coming to LAMB from overseas, both short and long term